Credit for this thread goes to formula84 and samfirmware.com for the leaked tar!!!!!! thanks guys!
SAMFIRWARE EH17 Released!
At SAMFIRWARE request please no mirrors... see comment at end of post. If you are unable to download from hotfile, PM me
Free to register (please do, this way they know how many D700 USA Users love their leaks!!!)
Pulled from the above link:
TAKE CARE ROMS SEEMS SMALL D700EH17 2.3.4 DOWNLOAD <--- Direct Downlaod to Their Official linked file.
Make Sure to thank them via Twitter @SAMFIRMWARE !!!
Edit: Note about small comment...
Downloaded D700EH17.rar (150MB)-> Extracted with Password samfirmware.com -> Inside D700EH17 folder will be Odin and SPH-D700-EH17-8Gb-REL.tar.md5.7z -> Use 7zip to extract -> Inside is a SPH-D700-EH17-8Gb-REL.tar.md5 that is 290MB
How to update:
1. Extract the contents of the zip file to a folder
2. Open odin
3. Put your phone in download mode (Shut it off, wait for lights to all go out, then hold 1 on the keyboard while powering up)
4. connect phone (you should see odin put a Com4 or something like that in the first box. The actual number is NOT important what is important is something popped up there when you connected your device, meaning ODIN can see it)
5. The only box that should be checked is Auto Reboot.
6. You do not need to choose a pit file.
7. In the PDA Section choose the tar file. (Should be the sph-d700-****-8Gb-REL.tar)
8. Hit start. It will do its thing.
9. If it fails than try a new cable.
10. If the phone hangs for any reason take the battery and sdcard out and let it sit for an hour. Put it back together and try again.</pre><div><br></div></div><br><br></b></b>
First? Thanks for your awesome vids and posts.
Awesome, love GB on my epic. I'm having issues running one click with the latest version of cwm, is there no exploit for leaks?
i did this and it works great. Does anyone know how to root eh17 Gingerbread 2.3.4 is there a guide out there i can find. Just want to root it. please help. thank you jvandy.
what rom are you using with this leak...?
This build seems pretty stable but does anyone know why some apps would be block ex: ESPN radio, Samsung Home Clock to name a few.
I like the 3d app menu which was there in 2.1 and 2.2. Will I be able to keep that in 2.3.3??? plz reply soon I need gingerbread update....
hi qbking77, I updated to EH17 and then followed your instructions in the video. When I connected to odin it showed com 5 and then failed. I thought I had bricked my phone for a minute then I just when through the EH17 update again and it was saved. So, how do I avoid that happening again? What am I doing wrong? Thanks for your help.