Our goal is to ensure that ACSyndicate online forums and chat channels are welcoming environments where people can come together and discuss relevant subjects and topics in a friendly and non-aggressive environment.
The purpose of this code of conduct is to ensure that users can participate in the forums and chats without being 'flamed', personally attacked, harassed or be exposed to inappropriate materials.
ACSyndicate values freedom of expression on the site, but not at the expense of offending others. We want all members to have an enjoyable and fun experience. With this in mind we have established the Code of Conduct to help us achieve that goal.
Please assist us by posting relevant messages that are consistent with the Code of Conduct. In short, we aim to maintain forums and chats with appropriate standards of civil posting behavior and where members respect the rights of others. This Code of Conduct is subject to the Planet India-Forums member rules.
ACS appoints moderators to help us ensure that forum post content and chat messages comply with the vision and goals of the ACSyndicate website forums and chat areas.
You agree, through your use of the forum and chat services, that you will abide by this Code of Conduct.
Please take some time to carefully read and understand the Code of Conduct, and the penalties for violations. Non-compliance will result in forfeiture of your privilege to access the forums and chat channels may result in a permanent ban. The following actions constitute a violation of the Code of Conduct.
Please note references to posts in the following includes messages made in any and all chat channels, ACSyndicate chat rooms, forums, etc.
Any of the following shall constitute a violation of the ACSyndicate Code of Conduct.
- Non-adherence or violation of the ACSyndicate membership rules.
- Using an invalid email address for your user account.
- Posting messages that display or link to po*nographic or sexually offensive material.
- Posting sexually suggestive materials or graphic intimate details of sexual nature whether in story form or while discussing an episode will not be allowed.
- Debates on subjects which are sensitive and adult will be closely monitored for content.
- Any topic containing videos, pictures, articles or individual postings by members on Nudity, discussions or postings related to any kind of nudity or po*n, and not deemed fit for an universal audience will be closed and trashed and warnings given.
- This also applies to published articles.
- Whether any such topic is appropriate in a section will be decided by the Dev Team and the decision of the Dev Team on any such kind of topic shall be final.
- Posting messages that in any way breach or violate the terms and conditions of a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA).
- Any attempt or attempts to breach forum security, or gain unauthorized access into user accounts.
- This includes the action of guessing passwords, successful or not. Assisting others with such attempts or actions also constitutes a violation.
- Exploiting, or attempting to exploit, forum bugs, vulnerabilities, or loopholes.
- Flooding the forum with repeat or similar meaning messages. What constitutes flooding behavior is at the discretion of ACSyndciate -Forums staff and Moderators.
- Registering multiple accounts with intent to disrupt the community.
- Giving, discussing, requesting, or linking to information that is either directly or indirectly related to obtaining pirated or unauthorized copyrighted materials, serial numbers, serial number generators and No-CD patches may result in an immediate ban.
- Registering accounts with usernames or using screen names that are offensive or created with intent to cause disruption to the forums.
- Impersonating ACSyndicate staff on the forums or ACS web site areas generally (including chats).
- Flooding the forums with redundant messages, empty messages, advertisements, clearly irrelevant "+1 Post Count" messages, and/or nonsensical posts.
- Posting messages that are inflammatory and made simply with the intent to provoke disruption to the forum and encourage, incite or continue 'flame' threads. 'Trolling' posts will not be tolerated.
- Posts that are disruptive and destructive in character will not be tolerated.
- Flaming is deemed to include insulting, personally directed criticisms and/or posts that include comments aimed to incite anger.
- Trolling is deemed to include posts aimed to incite disruption or stir up trouble.
- For example, posting to a thread or starting a thread without the intent to contribute positive suggestions or comments.
- Instead, the aim is negative and disruptive comments.
- Using expressions or language in posts that are considered foul, vulgar, hateful, bigoted, sexually harassing, racially offensive, or are in any way discriminatory.
- Whether an expression falls within this definition will be determined at the discretion of ACS staff and/or ACS appointed forum moderators and their decision shall be final.
- Posting messages that are not within the designated forum areas identified subject scope or defined topic.
- The forum does have an off-topic area for broader general discussion.
- Please note that posts made to the off-topic forum area must comply in all respects with all other standards and requirements as stipulated in this Code of Conduct.
- Making posts that personally attack, insult, threaten, harass or are clearly disrespectful of the opinions of other participants.
- This means, if you are engaging in debates that involve challenging, questioning and disputing the opinions and views of others, you are required to do so in a civil manner and ensure that your posts are relevant and on-topic.
- This rule does not exclude posts that are critical or questioning.
- It does, however, require that you carefully consider the tone of language in such posts to ensure that they are civil.
- Posting messages in all capitals letters is not permitted.
- This represents "shouting" on the internet and can be viewed as offensive by other members.
- A very important NOTE:
- Direct or Indirect attacks - of any form - including aspersions, sarcasm, snide comments etc - on any dev team will NOT BE TOLERATED.
- The attacking member will be formally warned with the Warning Meter.
- A topic which openly challenges the authority or the decision of any dev team member AND/OR which was created with the underlying motive of creating unrest on the forum shall be immediately closed and deleted.
- The member creating the topic and any other member(s) involved in the altercation shall be formally warned.
- This does NOT include genuine queries posed by members about the working of the dev team, where the underlying intention of the poster is to get answers to a valid question.
- We still would like this to be an open forum where members can question things which do not make sense to them.
- The questions have to be asked in a polite and respectful manner and sufficient time to be given to the dev team to answer the queries.
- Any disrespect , contempt or discourtesy shown in this regard will immediately fetch a warning raise.
- Once a dev team member gives an explanation to a member's genuine query, the topic will be closed and no other queries on that topic will be entertained.
Violations and Penalties
- If any member has any issue regarding any decision, they are free to PM the Admin or the Global Moderators.
Violation or infringement of any of the rules in this Code of Conduct may result in the immediate revocation, suspension or termination of the privilege to post on ACS-Forums or participate in the chat channels.
ACS-Forums reserves the right to vary the severity and suddenness of the penalty based on the nature of the violation. ACS Forums reserves the right to refuse to post or remove any posts, material or links that we deem unacceptable, offensive or in violation of the rules without further notice. We also reserve the right to suspend, prohibit or terminate the registration of any user who violates the rules from using the site or site related services without warning
ACS-Forums staff and ACS-Forums appointed forum moderators are the sole arbiters as to what constitutes a violation of the Code of Conduct.
Penalties will be applied in ACS-Forums discretion as follows:
- Generally, the first violation will result in a warning.
- Second violation will result in a temporary two week ban.
- Further violations will result in a month ban.
- Repeated and severe violations may attract a permanent ban at ACSyndicate Forums discretion.
- Severe and repeat violation may attract a permanent ban without warning.
- If possible warning(s) will be sent to the infringing user's email account.
- If email warnings are bounced, ACS-Forums will apply a temporary ban on that account until the user contacts us.
- Account bans may be applied to multiple accounts if the other accounts originate from the same computer and are believed to be aliases of the account being banned.
- All administrative actions taken by the moderators and administrators of these forums and chat channels are final.
Should you have any questions or comments on ACS Forum Code of Conduct please email email@example.com.
- These actions may include but are not limited to: delete/close/move thread/message, banning, kicking, & account reset.
- The posting of any personal attacks or criticisms directed at the ACS-Forum appointed forum moderators will not be tolerated.
- This includes comments or messages posted in the chat channels.
- Posts commenting on or criticizing forum administrative actions will be deleted.
- Any complaints or disagreements regarding forum moderation should be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also feel free to contact the administrator or any of our moderators (via pm) if you have any conflict, questions, or concerns.