FirehaK and the Android Creative Syndicate
are proud to present to you:
PhoeniX ROM 0.2
- Ext4 file system (better performance)
- Build.prop tweaks
- Some /system bloat removed
- Disabled boot animations by default (unless /system/media/bootanimation.zip exists)
- CWM 5 recovery installed
- Custom kernel
- Reboot-able :P
Due to Sprint "disabling" CarrierIQ, the app to disable it on the phone is no longer included. The services still run, but Sprint DOES NOT collect information anymore.
This version is NOT de-odexed. Due to the issues we had before, I have not yet worked it out. Theming comes second to me over performance.
As always, this is not official software and I make no guarantees! I will however help you the best I can provided you follow instructions and clearly post your problem(s).
- Download/extract PhoeniX-ROM.zip from the below links
- Copy PhoeniX.zip to your sd card
- Reboot your phone to "download" mode (adb.exe reboot download or hold space + p during boot)
- Open the included odin
- Select "One Package" if not already checked in the options area
- Click the ops button to search for the included "SPHM580.ops"
- Now click the One Package button to search for "PhoeniX.tar"
- Click start, and hold U on your phone as soon as it reboots to enter recovery mode (CWM5)
- Once CWM5 starts, click install from sdcard
- Choose zip from sdcard
- Navigate to "PhoeniX.zip"
- Obviously choose yes to install
- Sit back and watch the magic, reboot when it finishes.
I NO LONGER HAVE A REPLENISH, SO I UNFORTUNATELY HAD TO STOP WORKING ON THIS.
As a last effort kind of thing, I tried to put together the guide for using an SD card as the /data partition. Hopefully I found the right boot image and my steps in the pdf are all correct. Head on over to http://goo.im/devs/firehak/ to download it.
Shabbypenguin - for multiple performance tweaks, CWM5, and putting up with me ;P
dmrlook - help with brainstorming, CWM5, and being awesome
PhoeniX wouldn't exist without their help, so make sure to give them their thanks!
Update: There is a typo when using the "remount" command. It says that it is remounting /dev/stl9 rather than /dev/stl12, but this does not affect it, the command still works. There is a remount script in /sbin/remount and /system/xbin/remount, and I forgot to remove it from sbin. Both scripts do work.
Last edited by FirehaK; 08-19-2012 at 04:53 PM. Reason: release candidate
nice job,i just did this after a update and the baseband version is fa19 still,and also i noticed that the shift and funtion key doesnt perform as should,any how this is a cool rom thanks
0.2 is based off of EK18 instead of FA19, but an update should be on its way soon to fix that.
no rush FirehaK,this is why it is worth the wait,this rom has turned a 11yr olds phone up way beyond stock ,thanks
Getting ready to release PhoeniX 0.3, now including Boost Mobile and adding support for sd-ext!
EDIT: The last issue I'm waiting on is boot animations. They're still giving us trouble.
Last edited by FirehaK; 03-08-2012 at 12:11 AM.
I love this rom. Thanks
When will 0.3 be available?
Thanks for the post, sorry your cpu died.I'll keep sporting 0.2 until you're up and running again.I really apreciate the work you've done.Thanks!
I appreciate the patience and understanding! The thread at android central got large enough that people got too lazy to read and constantly asked about it after I mentioned not having a computer to work on :P