k0nane and the Android Creative Syndicate present...
"Leaky Gingerbread" ED12
Deodexed, prerooted - RFS ONLY
ACS: From spontaneous ingenuity comes creative brilliance.Chances are you already know what this is - but in case you don't, this is Android 2.3, Gingerbread, for the Samsung Epic 4G. This is Samsung/Sprint's ED12 build - it is not anywhere near final, but it is direct from Samsung/Sprint. We assure you, this is really Gingerbread. As you will see, this is still early in the development process. There are rough edges that Samsung/Sprint have not smoothed out unless in 15 days they have fixed them all.#include <thirdparty/cyanogenmod/std_disclaimer.h>
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
This is RFS-only. There is no EXT4 support - believe me, we tried to hack it in there for you, but it's just not happening right now. Other devs are welcome to try, but we don't believe it's possible at this point. However, the kernel is rooted, and contains Busybox for your device usage pleasure.
How To InstallOdin (download) to stock EC05 (download official TAR), use the CWM2.5 one-click, wipe data/cache three times, and flash the ROM. If you wish to use the ED12 modem, you can flash that through Odin - however, we found it provided no gain, and just caused trouble with 3G data and VVM. The EC05 modem will work fine.
Screenshots - See qbking77's teaser video here!
- [Theme]DarkICE Keyboard apk v3, skins and now ICS supported zip. 2/5/12
- [Themes] APW "Android Pro Widgets" DARKWIDGETS "ICS Blue color added"
- [Guide]Oops, I flash something in Odin on "Phone" instead of "PDA"[ACS]EG30 AVAILABLE NOW!
- [ROM][STOCK] "Swiss Cheese Samsprint" EE03 :: RFS Only, CWM3025 :: Deodexed/Prerooted :: 5/16
- [ACS][How-To][Mod] Adding a "Rom Name" In "About Phone"
None, as a result of the packaging process. Behavior is identical to stock. However, the stock package is known to have the following issues, all of which have been reproduced in testing:
- 4G non-functional
- GPS non-functional
- Wake lag present
- Does not boot when plugged in and powered off, unplug to boot
- Temperature sensor readings are incorrect. You may see interrupted charging due to bad battery temp readings.
- Slide to unlock button sometimes 'sticks'
- Has Carrier IQ (dieplz) ;)
Downloads - No Wait Times!
Download ROM/kernel (Direct) | Mirrors :: Direct #2 - Mediafire
Download ED12 modem - OPTIONAL (Direct) | Mirrors :: Direct #2 - Mediafire - Sharebeast
- I flashed the ED12 modem and it sucks! I want to go back to the EC05 modem! Download this and Odin it.
- Where's the TAR? Our source put his job at risk by giving this to us. Unfortunately, we cannot release the TAR for this very reason.
- WHERE'S THE %^#&ing TAR?!?! Did you not read the above? Die in a fire. You're not missing anything, trust us.
- I'm getting FCs! Wipe data and reflash. Otherwise, this is fully stock, and comes with what any full-stock build will.
- Why can't I flash this with CWM3? It's not compatible with EXT4, and as such the update-script is in Amend format to prevent you from using CWM3.
- How do I flash the modem in Odin? Put your phone in Download mode by holding 1 on the keyboard and the power button until you get to a yellow triangle. Connect the phone to USB. Open Odin, load the PIT in PIT and the modem in PDA (or Phone - both work). Uncheck everything on the left except Auto Reboot. Click the big button.Credits
The most important thanks of all goes to our source - you are an asset to this entire community!
- tanimn (ACS) - rooted kernel, patience ;)
- Shabbypenguin (ACS) - testing, hosting, TeamViewer
- qbking77 (ACS) - testing
- jez2cool (ACS) - testing
- Parabola949 (ACS) - testing
- rjmjr69 (ACS) - team lead
The Android Creative Syndicate fully supports ptfdmedic's mission of spreading autism awareness. Our graphics guru ZHkilla has whipped up a brand-new, awesome banner for the cause. Please add it to your signatures.
This and any other ACS productions are not, and will never be donationware. However, I and ACS have put a good number of hours into getting this ship-shape. Your generosity - if you feel like showing it - is deeply appreciated!
Downloading right now - will Gingerbread run the normal apps or programs I have been using on ext4? Any conflicts?
And I should say - GREAT JOB!! I am seriously considering the jump to Nexus S 4G, mainly because I don't use keyboard and want thinner phone - Gingerbread
was a bonus, don't really care about future updates straight from Google. I don't need Sprint's because we have you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is my Thanks button!!
you should be fine with any of the apps you were running...
Just installed it,it's snappy.messing with it now.
I downloaded Gingerbread and ran all day. Had quite a few problems, many of them mentioned, but also included a ton of missed calls - the phone just didn't ring.
Wireless Tether didn't work, and a few other things just didn't run or open. So I have gone back to Syndicatefro 1.1.0 and will stay there while I read and keep up
with the developments. Outstanding work from your team. I just can't use a phone that doesn't function, but will read, watch, switch and keep learning.
P.S. What does it take to post and participate in these forums. I am restricted, which also made it hard when and if I need answers to questions.
Waiting hours for Moderator to review and approve will not be efficient. I understand you would probably like to control some of the mass media
questions, but this makes it hard to participate if you want to drive people to this site.
Just a question, no need to post for everyone to read since it is off topic.