AndroidInsomnia Proudly Presents:
Cyan Insomnia 0.90
Welcome to Cyan Insomnia. What is it? It's CyanogenMod 9 brought to you from Android Insomnia's LanternsLight456 and crew!
This is the initial release it's still in Alpha stages so expect a few bugs along the way, what I've found I'll detail here so there are no surprises. Recommended Install Instructions
1. Wipe Data/Factory Reset
2. Wipe Cache
3. Wipe Dalvik Cache
4. Format /system
IF YOU ENCOUNTER PROBLEMS, REINSTALL USING THE ABOVE AND AFTER BACKING UP YOUR SD CARD ADD:
5. Format /sdcard
The Kernel is provided by Cayniarb at Tiamat-dev.com
What an excellent kernel! Thanks! Download from AndroidInsomnia: http://www.androidinsomnia.com/CM9/C...omnia-0.90.zip Download from AndroidFileHost: http://www.androidfilehost.com/main/.../Cyan_Insomnia md5sum:
467979ff9241d8ab584c4562f863578c Change Log:
I made this by creating a hybrid of a Crespo CM9 Nightly and Blackwing182's IceColdInsomnia build. I will be working hard to remove all AOKP left overs and making this as pure CM9 as I can. This will increase stability and functionality as well as giving you, the users, as close to ICS CyanogenMod as I can give you.
Full Change Log:
ISSUES? Logcat them! http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1378491
1. Incoming calls look strange but function perfectly. Here is what I mean. The slider button to either accept or reject the call is half way off the screen and has tracers. This is due to left over AOKP frameworks and is being worked out actively and aggressively. To answer the call, press the center button and drag right. To hang up press the center button and drag left. It works every time.
2. ROM Controls is another leftover from AOKP frameworks. This will eventually be replaced with the Cyanogen controls. For now it force closes when clicked. This is being actively and aggressively being worked out.
3. Play Store seems to not always want to download. I've seen this a lot recently ever since the Play Store was last updated. The higher your connection speed the easier this process goes. I'm trying to track down anything I can do to make this better, but it may be a Play Store "feature" not sure yet.
4. There are some random freezes and such. I haven't had anything crazy happen, but basically it's a pretty rough port. I'm learning as I go and this will settle down as A. ICS stabilises, and B. I weed out remaining AOKP code.
5. Camera. The camera (both front and back) start with having a blank screen where it should display what you are going to take a picture of. When you click the button it will successfully take a picture and will begin desplaying correctly. This resets when you switch front to back or back to front. Landscape mode is upside down. Finally, video recording doesn't work. Our top coder is working hard on the camera issues all the time. They will be hammered out as fast as we can, be patient please.
-I think bluetooth works, but have nothing to test it with. If not I should be able to have it working next build, just let me know.
-Everything else should work, other than what's described I've been running this for two days without major upset. Again, it's an alpha build and IS BEING HEAVILY DEVELOPED! I really hope you enjoy this as much as I have.
This ROM brought to you by JHutson456
I would like to take a moment to thank the team as a whole. You guys are all awesome and this wouldn't be possible without you all. The whole Cyanogen team and the whole AOKP team for giving us the bases for this build. I'd also like to thank cayniarb of Tiamat. You've always been right there answering questions without hesitation. It's appreciated more than you know man. The whole Infected ROMs team who have invited me into their "home" and taught me so much. SuperKid at MIUIus who has endlessly put up with me and helped me along the way, through the good and the bad. I've been able to grow a lot as a dev due to the people mentinoed above and below. It really needs to be said, "nani gigantum humeris insidentes" We are dwarves standing on the shoulders of giants.
Minus21, Brother, you will be missed while you serve overseas. Our love goes with you. "Not gone but marching far away"
The Team That Brings You All The Latest and Greatest Roms: AndroidInsomnia
You can now join our new irc channel and talk directly with us. This is new but we hope to have it fully established soon. It is live now
Join us today :)
You can check out CyanogenMod's entire source including the Kernel for this at CyanogenMod's GitHub Tiamat's
source for the kernel can be found HERE Devs:
TrueBlue_Drew Graphics and Themes:
boardopboy - Testing Lead
minus21 - Not Gone but Marching Far Away
You can follow my Twitter HERE
You can follow my Google+ HERE
You can follow my Facebook HERE