well im not sure if it will let me ..it wont let me into any part of the phone at all..here are the exact steps i did.
STEP ONE: ROOTING
How to Install
Your device must be in USB Debugging mode.
Windows: Install the Samsung USB drivers , unpack the archive, and open run.bat.
HOW TO REMAP MUVE BUTTON FOR CAMERA
1. Root the phone . Make sure you installed a superuser from the market.
2. Install root explorer.
3. Open the root explorer and go to /system/usr/keylayout
4. Tap sec_key.kl and open with Text Editor
5. Go to "# handling for touch-key codes"
6. replace in
"key 766 MUVE_SCREEN WAKE_DROPPED"
MUVE_SCREEN -> CAMERA
so it will look like
"key 766 CAMERA WAKE_DROPPED"
"key 528 MUVE_PLAY WAKE_DROPPED"
MUVE_PLAY -> FOCUS
so it will look like
"key 528 FOCUS WAKE_DROPPED"
7. Hit BACK button, it will ask you if you want to save, confirm it.
It will create a backup file.
8. Reboot the phone.
On active phone push the button all way down and hold to call a camera app.
Inside of the camera app half press to focus, full press to shot.
STEP TWO: ROOTING1. Download ODIN >>>HERE<<<(odin_multi_downloader_v4.42.bin)
2. Download OPS file >>>HERE<<<(SCHR720.OPS)
3. Download CWM >>>HERE<<<(Admire-CWM.tar)
4. Download drivers>>>HERE<<<(MetroPCS_ADMIREdrivers.bin)
5. Create new folder and call it whatever you want, extract ODIN here and place the OPS and CWM files in here as well. This makes it easy to find everything.
6. Open drivers and install, if you don’t understand, you probably shouldn’t be attempting this yet.
7. Put your Admire in download mode, disconnect USB and pull battery. Put battery back in and press volume down, camera and power. Count to 3 and release, you should see instructions saying press volume up to continue, do so. This is not easy, keep trying, you’ll get it.
8. Open device manager and make sure your computer recognizes your device.
9. Go to the folder you created and double-click the ODIN downloader, this should start ODIN.
10. Make sure you have a yellow “com” box, if not, you did something wrong, start over.
11. In the downloader select OPS file and when prompted, CWM file in your new folder.
12. Now, press start. You should see some action in the top left corner of the downloader, when it says done, you’re done! Congratulations!
13. Disconnect USB and pull battery. Put battery back in, press volume down, back and power buttons. Release when you see CWM.
14. Navigate recovery with volume buttons, scroll down to back up/restore, select back up using the home button for selections.
but instead this method....
ANOTHER PAGE FOR CWM
How to put phone into download mode:
1) Unplug USB, remove battery
2) Re-insert battery
3) Hold down CAMERA button
4) Plug in USB
5) After 4 seconds you will see a screen with a warning about installing a custom OS, with an option to continue (VOL+) or cancel (VOL-).
Basic ODIN instructions:
1) open odin
2) put your phone into download mode and press Volume Up to continue.
3) connect the phone
4) ensure that you have a yellow com# box (see attached picture)
5) Select the ops file in the ops box (SCHR720.ops is in the zip with odin)
6) in the check boxes in the top left make sure one package and auto reboot are selected
7) in the bottom one package box select the desired tar (admire-cwm.tar that you downloaded)
8 ) click start! Your phone will reboot when finished and you can close out Odin.
Recovery mode for the Admire/Vitality:
1) Turn phone off.
2) Press and hold Back, Volume Down, and Power keys.
3) Continue holding all three keys until device powers on and recovery menu appears.
Navigate using volume up/down keys, and Home key for enter.
STEP THREE: ROOTING
1) Download Rom
2) Boot into recovery
3) Wipe data, cache, dalvik cache
4) Format system & data ( its in mounts n storage )
5) Install zip from sd-card
STEP FOUR: ROOTING
Must be rooted running 2.3.4
Must have adb installed.
1) Download Rom
2) Unzip the Rom
3) Enable USB debugging
4) Double Click run.bat
5) Follow on screen instructions
.how do you reflash when i cant get past the recovery mode..it will let me turn off phone but it goes nowhere but reboot into recovery screens...im clueless.or i wouldve already figured it out by now
i will after coffee...but still any other pointers from anyone would be most welcome.