Shabbypenguin and the Android Creative Syndicate
are proud to present to you
dont mind the blue tint, shootme has some issues with yalls phone
Alright lets get to the nitty gritty of it all, this is the thread where all 0.x-1.x versions will be released, as it stands right now this is nothing more then just a glorified stock, but its better then that ;). deodexing the rom allows for easier themeing so i want to see some creative shit start to flow in.. yall dont want me making themes... anyways down to the goods
I want to apologize to anyone that was affected by version 0.5, i want to say thanks for teh support ive received during these past few days. as you can see ive decided to continue on doing what i can for yall. on that note it has been brought to my attention that i should include a disclaimer:
This is a product designed outside of samsung, i do not have the resources to make sure it is "bug-proof" (apparently they dont either.. but thats another story). as such by installing this software YOU accept responsibility for your actions. if anything does happen i will try my best to assist you, but i cant promise anything. as such i try my very hardest to make sure things work just great before they ever get put out in the public
- Rocking a custom boot animation made by ardchoille
- fixed linux script
- Added some nice preloaded apps and hiddenmenu.apk ;)
- rocking a new theme
- boot animation is now enabled.. you can find em all over the net, there is apps on teh market that will change em for you. if you ask me on how to change your boot animation i will team view into your computer and set it so you can never remove the shabbymod one :)
- Now based on EE14
- Back to stock browser til i can get it worked out
- maximized media scanner
- cleaned up apps folder and removed some things
- removed download limits (you can now download any file you want form the browser)
- - Introducing slim and loaded, you decide how you want your phone to look :D
- - added a new browser that adds these new features
- incognito mode
- faster rendering
- removed window limit
- should lower "checkerboarding"
- User agent - Change the user strings to desktop/iphone etc etc make it so you can view the full websites by default hit menu, settings, scroll all the way down to advance
- - Now has the latest in malware protecting (yes even the gingerbread malware apps)
- - Loaded is 57MB's while slim is only 48MB's compared to the 87 that is stock ;)
- Sped up media scanning
- - Now with more 3g!
- - Optimized frameworks a bit more
- - Removed bash and nano due to issues
- - added GPS tweaks
- - added ad blocking hosts file
- - enabled ADB on boot
- - increased max window manager events to 60 (smoothness increase)
- - several other build.prop tweaks
- - Code cleanup
- - Added bash and nano to shell
- -Bloat removed
- -Enabled stagefright
It's not much i know, but gimme some time guys, its a start ya know ;)
a factory wipe is recommended after flashing due to changing frameworks etc, but not required.. just runs better after a wipe ;)
Now you may ask yourself whats the difference? well the difference is loaded comes with some nice apps and the full deal, while slim tend to be more about speed and minimalisation
Version 0.9-Loaded - Verison 0.9-Slim
Version 0.8-Loaded - Verison 0.8-Slim
Version 0.7-Loaded - Version 0.7-Slim
(adds new ringtones and notifications)
Interdpth - For making root possible
ACS - For being a kickass team of like minded devs/themers/people
to all my beta testers for beta testing and risking their phones :D
To all those whom donate for their support!
Rodderik - for teh malware patch
k0nane - for so much help along the way
themonkeymixer for the readme
thanks to jude on how to get bootanimation.zip working
Hahahaha something something... thanks for all the hardwork Shabbypenguin much appreciated!
Indeed! Awesome stuff bro!!
something something somethingrawr cats and stuff
now imagine how hard this guy is to interview? lol jk. good work shabbs
Good deal shabby I smell success lol
Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
I just purchased and rooted a Samsung Galaxy Prevail today with ShabbyMod -0.4. Thanks go to Interdpth and ACS for the ROM.
thanks be to shabby!
its in and running well.
but i seem to have lost 3G lol
Data is not working, either via phone or network. Connects then immediately ceases conn on wifi, on phone can make calls send text but no data. Can I get a original recovery img, or chef, think of how I can fix?